Wednesday 24 January 2018

                    Why you want to be a journalist? What is journalism to you?
          Growing up, I knew there were two things I wanted to do in my life: play sports or write about it A lot of people ask me why I want to become a journalist or why I picked this Elective. I have my share of reasons of why I choose this field and most of these reasons are pretty relatable. Once I got into watching the news more, I started to learn more about the news works and how much work is put into reporting. The field of journalism always has something new happening, and I feel that journalists must receive such a thrill from covering all the exciting stories.
                There is something incredibly feeling about opening up a magazine or a newspaper and reading about events or people from around the world. It gives you knowledge and the sense of power that comes with it. Journalism can shock you with world events or give you pleasure from the individual stories of basic human kindness and unity. When journalists report breaking news stories, they keep you at the edge of your seat. I wanted to become a sports journalist because it is amazing to read about such events. When you open the paper or magazine, you see the photographs and you see the powerful words. Being a journalist means that you get to see what a lot of people don’t get the chance to. Sports has a huge economic and cultural impact in the world. Millions of people are in love with it and many kids look up to athletes as their idols. I want to be the person that relays information these millions of people are dying to know. I want to be the person these people look to everyday knowing they will get the most objective, honest, straight-to-the-point story about their favorite teams.

                                                                         




No comments:

Post a Comment